Re: [OM] church photos - follow-up (FujiNPH 400)

Subject: Re: [OM] church photos - follow-up (FujiNPH 400)
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 12:45:25 -0800
Nice pics under tricky circumstances.

I have the zoom extender, but have never tested it on manual. According to the instructions, when set for 135mm, it raises the asa 100 GN from 32 to 42. So the stop would change from 2.8 to 3.7. That's over 3/4 of a stop, but just shy of a full stop mathematically. For practical purposes where you don't know the exact distance, it's one stop faster. So you could close down a stop, move up one shutter speed, or move out further with the 135/2.8.

This doesn't help use the 200/4 for longer distances, as the zoom extender doesn't adjust past 135mm, so the GN stays the same for any lens longer than 135mm. You could use the 200mm wide open at the same distance for greater magnification, but would still need faster film or lens or higher output flash to get more distance.

Moose

Robert R. Gries wrote:

<snip>
Most of the long shots were done w/ the 135/2.8 at about 50 feet at full
aperture.  I wish I could have used the 200/4 for some, but I would need
to get faster film, or a more powerful flash.  Has anyone used the zoom
extender for the T32?  Does it give you much more power in the long
shots? <snip>