Re: [OM] Camera & lens falling.

Subject: Re: [OM] Camera & lens falling.
From: "Mickey Trageser" <vze3m2s8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 18:12:59 -0500
I use a laptop case shoulder strap on my OM-2. It's got a nicely padded and
curved center piece in the middle. Makes it very sturdy, yet comfortable.
The quick release tabs work very well with the leather strap extentions on
the body. Easily holds any of the accessories I can put on the camera,
though I don't have any big brute lenses. Winder, BG-2, and T-32 all held
secure.

I have a leather camera strap on my OM-4T that I've had since the '70s. It's
a custom job done at one of those belt places in a mall kiosk. This too is
solid as a rock, and wide enough to easily distribute the weight accross my
neck or shoulder. I bought this one after a chintzy strap broke with my OM-1
and Sigma 39-80 zoom on it. I snatched at the strap and cought it all just
as it made contact with the concrete walkway. Minimal damage to the top case
near the film counter. Slight dent and abrasion. Never affected operations.
Used it for 20 years afterward.

I only had to learn that lesson once! It's either a bmf strap or none. I
only go none when the camera is on the Stroboframe. I can hold that pretty
good.

Mickey