Re: Battery conversion, Was [OM] A sad OM-1n story

Subject: Re: Battery conversion, Was [OM] A sad OM-1n story
From: "support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mp3support@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2002 22:07:40 -0600
In the U.S.A., mercury batteries are banned so that none can be imported.
However, existing stocks of mercury batteries already in the hands of US
dealers can be sold. They are scarce, but I bought two px625 batteries on
the Web.

There is a conversion kit that will alow (the more commonly available)
silver oxide batteries to be used. It is called the MR9 conversion kit sold
by CRISCAM at http://www.criscam.com/ With the kit you can use Silver 76
batteries.

But since you are from the UK, you may not have a problem getting the older
mercury px625 batteries in your country.

jim