Re: [OM] Camera & lens falling.

Subject: Re: [OM] Camera & lens falling.
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 06:08:34 -0500
Actually, insurance should not have paid for it -- the US Postal Service
wouldn't have.  Inadequate packing isn't a reason for an insurance claim --
and rightfully so.

Glad you got your money, though.

Tom

I had a similar misfortune a few years ago: I bought an OM1N and a
300/4.5 which the vendor sent attached to each other.  The box in
which he packed the combination was too light and the packing
inadequate and it was dropped at some time in transit.  The 300/4.5
smashed the mirror box of the little camera quite easily it seems.
The camera was a write-off, but the lens was also OK.

The vendor, a young budding pro photog, had told me that it was
insured, but it took a while for me to regain the the money I had
paid out.

Chris