RE: [OM] International role call - just out of curiosity

Subject: RE: [OM] International role call - just out of curiosity
From: "Timpe, Jim" <Jim.Timpe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 06:42:31 -0800
I think I'll save this posting in a folder this time, as it seems to occur
ever year or two.

My first camera experience was a brownie box back in the early sixties.
More seriously, my dad gave me an Edixa reflex with a 50/2.8 lens on it when
I was in Jr. High (middle sixties).  This was my camera until I was
stationed in Japan in the middle seventies and looking to 'update' a bit.
Did some research, fondled various cameras at the base exchange, and it was
a no-brainer.  Bought my first OM-1 with 50/1.4 in 1976.  That camera and a
few (very) accessories mollified me until, no, not finding this list, but
rather discovering, oh no, y'all cover your ears now....    the EVIL one
about five years ago.  So much available gear, so many 'finds', so little
time.  Seriously, though, the prevalence of true bargains was once a real
treasure on the bay.  Not quite the treasure trove it once was.

Then, about two years later I discovered this list.  The unstoppable one-two
punch, so they say.  Between the bay's smorgasbord of goodies, and this list
of unrepentant enablers, I've gone from the one body and a couple lenses to
utter insanity.  Sure is fun being crazy.

I summarized my current stash of stuff a month back or so when everybody was
doing it, won't repeat here.  Insanity seems to capture the essence of it.

Lisa, or whomever started this again, welcome to the list.