[OM] Re: Printer for proofs

Subject: [OM] Re: Printer for proofs
From: "Steve Dropkin" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 09:22:55 -0600
Bob Whitmire writes:
I'm wondering if a dedicated photo printer, such as the Epson 1280, would
give me a truer print, and one less susceptible to the vagaries of lighting
by which it's viewed? The more of this printing I do, the more inclined I am
to go for a quality better than a simple proof to see if the slide will
transform into a quality Lightjet print.

A photo printer will provide a better print to start with, and, if you pick the "right" one, you will be able to take advantage of better inks that aren't likely to shift colors in different light. FWIW, I use an Epson 875DC, the smaller (and now discontinued) brother (?) to the 1280's predecessor, and find it produces an excellent proof print.