RE: [OM] church photos - tripod and flash

Subject: RE: [OM] church photos - tripod and flash
From: "Robert R. Gries" <rgg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2002 11:32:46 -0600
<snip>

Out of curiosity, what is the "era" of the Metz 402?  Wondering what the

trigger voltage is on them.  If it's the model I'm thinking of, it's an
older potato masher and I've seen a number of them on the used market.

The original instruction manual says that it was purchased in 1979 for
about $289 (if I remember correctly).  It is a big potato masher that
can cause blindness if one is too close! ;)  it's the perfect thing for
someone who just uses manual, but I have used its "electronic eye" with
some success.

<snip>

BTW, I've found it very wise to check trigger voltages on old flash
units.  I have two, a old Rollei and an old Sunpak I don't dare use on
the
OM-4 or OM-2S (they'd be OK on the OM-1n).

What do you mean about checking the trigger voltages?  And why would
this affect electronic cameras?

Thanks!

Bob