Re: [OM] How slow is too slow (aperature)

Subject: Re: [OM] How slow is too slow (aperature)
From: Conrad Vogel <conrad@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2002 14:20:27 -0800
Well, It would cost more to fix than finding another, so maybe a loupe....

Corey

Winsor Crosby wrote:

I have a Zuiko 50/1.4 with slower than normal aperature blades. They aren't "snappy" like my 50/1.8, but they aren't "creeping" either.

When I press the dof button and release it, the blades quickly close, but not nearly as quickly as my 1.8.

Is this ok? Is there a possiblity of underexposure from the blades being ever so much slower to close & open back up? It seems like it only takes a little bit more pressure on the 1.4 dof button to close them as compared to the 1.8.

thanks

Corey

Absolutely. I ruined rolls of pictures in China with such a problem. You can easily check with some sequential pictures of the same subject alternating the lenses. For peace of mind a clean and lube by your friendly service guy will take care of it. Don't wait until it ruins pictures that cannot be repeated. John did mine.