Re: [OM] OM4 top flex repair?

Subject: Re: [OM] OM4 top flex repair?
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 00:17:06 -0600
The IC's are set in epoxy, as you see, and the legs underneath have the
consistancy of foil.  I don't recall ever successfully shaving off the
epoxy and jumping a broken leg in dozens of attempts.  Sometimes a trace
will part, but locating precisely the correct one, then jumping it, is
almost impossible, too.

If it works OK without the top cover, you might try finding a dead 4
with a good top cover and switch tops -- it might not press on the
circuit/IC, thereby avoiding the problem.  Still, it might be
intermittant.