Re: [OM] ADITL and TOPE Statistics - new event

Subject: Re: [OM] ADITL and TOPE Statistics - new event
From: Wayne Shumaker <shumaker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 09:07:21 -0500
Cc: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
At 10:11 AM 4/5/2002 +1200, Brian wrote:
>Hi Wayne
><snip>
> A really nice shot; makes me all the more keen to get an 85.
>
>Why not put some of your best shots in an organised little gallery for people
>to look at (and me to list <g>)

Yeah, I've been told by several people, including the one I live with,
to get my stuff organized:-) Seems she would like a lot more of them
framed. It takes a lot of work to really edit down one's photos. I'm
rather critical of my own stuff. Sometimes I don't know when I have a
good photo until someone points it out to me, or I've had a chance to
look at it over time. But, to quote my friend, "It's the only way to know
where your photography is going, what is the next step." Thanks for
the praise.

There are a lot of web hosting services out there now and I've been
looking into them. Some seem priced quite reasonable, with way more
bandwidth and storage than I need. If anyone has any recommendations at
around $10/month price range, let me know. I would certainly be willing
to donate some web space for ADITL or other OM list photo projects.
Time-wise I'm a bit slow due my tendency to over commit. Oh, I just
thought of another prize: I can donate an official Olympus plastic
insert that you put into an OM-4t "For demonstration, this paper must
be inserted." :-) Or even one of the plastic pieces that cover the
flash mount.:-)

At 08:52 PM 4/4/2002 -0500, John wrote:
><snip>
>There are times when I turn, look, and a photograph visualizes instantly
>(e.g., TOPE 7; Human Society).  Likewise, it's only afterward I am able to
>fully comprehend all the elements that converged for it; at the time I simply
>"saw" it.
><snip>

Yes, and I think we need events to keep the juices flowing. and practice.
Maybe someone can tell me what is involved with hosting ADITL? Any
html templates, etc. I will look into getting some web space. I occasionally
get swamped in work, life and maybe get around to reading 300f the
list mail. So, I'll over commit .....

Wayne