[OM] PlusX story

Subject: [OM] PlusX story
From: "Bill Pearce" <bspearce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 10:35:31 -0600
If this isn't classic Kodak, I don't know what is. There was a post on
photo.net about this, via our favorite, Bob Shell.

Kodak did indeed discontinue plus x as we know it, but it is replaced by
another film, made at another location. This probably accounts fo the
changes made to tri x as well.

Those of us who visited the Kodak web site read the notice that said that
Plus X is DSICNOTINUED and suggestes the use of Tmax in its place.

According to the Kodak spokesman quoted by Shell, this was due to a
miscommunication within the Kodak organization, and the notice was to be
removed, and replaced with a note about the new film...I haven't gone to the
web site to check it.

This is the reason that those of us that have had to deal with Kodak reps
have little respect for the management of this venerable company.

Bill Pearce