RE: [OM] Re: Vivitar Series 1

Subject: RE: [OM] Re: Vivitar Series 1
From: "Skip Williams" <skipwilliamsom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 17:22:24 -0500
Most of the talk about Vivitar Series 1 lenses is centered around the great lenses that were made under the Vivitar name during the late 70's and early 80's. Most were make by Kiron, I believe.

The recent crop of S/1 lenses aren't up to the daring designs that characterized the first generation.

Aso, I don't think that ANY of the early Series 1 lenses are not very clearly marked.

Here's the original list:
24-48mm f3.8 zoom
35-85mm f2.8 zoom
70-210mm f3.5 zoom
90-180mm f/4.5 zoom (flat field)
28mm f1.9 prime
90mm f2.5 Macro prime with 1:1 converter
135mm f2.3 prime
200mm f3 prime
600mm f8 mirror
(solid cat)