[OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #3279

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #3279
From: Stephen Scharf <scharfsj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 22:01:35 -0800

Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2002 09:33:09 -0800
From: Motor Sport Visions Photography <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [OM] Prints

In a message dated 4/5/2002 Brian Swale writes:

<< What are "Lightjet prints"? >>

Lightjet is a brand of digital enlarging system that takes digital files
and exposes them on photographic paper which is then chemically
processed. There are many such systems from most of the major commercial
photo finishing equipment suppliers such as Fuji, Kodak, Agfa, Noritsu,
etc. Lightjet tends to be at the high end. Normally monstrous files from
Tango drum scanners are involved. Laser Diodes or other types of LEDS
are used to expose the paper. The process is normally around 300dpi, but
being continuous tone (the LEDs are not just on or off I gather) the
quality is outstanding.

<snip>

<snip>
Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com

Excellent post, Mike. Informative as always. Just for the listmembers info, there is a very good custom color lab up in Sebastopol, CA called Color Folio that works with Lightjet printing. I have seen the work first hand and it is expensive, but exceptional. Bob Cornellis is the person who runs that business, and I know that Galen Rowell has been one of his clients.

http://www.colorfolio.com/

-Stephen Scharf
--

2001 CBR600F4i - Fantastic!