Canon vs Oly was [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #3279

Subject: Canon vs Oly was [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #3279
From: "M. Lloyd" <royer007@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2002 22:51:19 -0800 (PST)
There is way too much PC'ness regarding Canon on this
board ;) Olympus OM is great! Light, small, durable,
simple to use, cheap on evilbay, Zuiko primes are just
as good as comparable prime lenses from Nikon and
Canon while usually being lighter. Only one or two
filter sizes 49 and 55 mm makes for easy
interchangability of filters. Metal lenses that last
forever if taken care of and are definitely more
durable than the plastic fantastic zooms of today.
Plenty of third party support from John H, Clint and
Ken. Overall a superb system that lets you take an SLR
around like a P&S and gives the photographer a huge
degree of freedom in taking pictures as opposed to
fiddling with dials. So keep your friend interested in
OM, I'm pretty sure he'll see a whole new side to
photography not dominated by plastic soup zooms and
billions of dials and lcd's

Mark Lloyd