[OM] Re: Vivitar Series 1

Subject: [OM] Re: Vivitar Series 1
From: benson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2002 21:40:46 +0300 (IDT)
>I'm only
> commenting that your testing metholodogy leaves a lot to be desired.
> When you do more testing, try slide film and a powerful loupe or modest
> power microscope. Testing at maximum and minimum apertures doesn't say
> much about the f5.6-11 range where most 35mm lenses perform best.

Thanks Moose - your points, and suggested methodology, are well taken. I'm
still
somewhat curious, so I will give it a try...one of these days....in any case,
I've probably got some distance to go before my artistry is severely
constrained
by the lens peformance of these particular lenses....

Benson