[OM] Poster size on the Epson 1270

Subject: [OM] Poster size on the Epson 1270
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 17:59:48 -0400
As some of you know, we just moved into a new house here in Florida.  We
have a spot in the living room that was calling out for a print or painting.

So, I decided to experiment.

One of the features of the Epson 1270 is the ability to print posters.  It
takes the image and 'stretches it' across multiple pages.

I took one of my favorite pictures of the San Antonio Riverwalk.  Shot it
with an OM-2n and the 21/2 Zuiko.  You can see it at:

http://www.scalesfamily.com/g13-2n-03.jpg

Went into print setup in Photoshop and set it up to print it on four,
count'em four, 13"x19" prints on Premium Photo Glossy.

Three have printed so far and I'll have to trim them and match them up, but
so far I'm impressed.  It's not 'photo crisp', perhaps closer to a painting,
but at the distance it will be viewed, I'm quite happy.

More experimenting to come.  Next I'll go from a 2x2 grid to a 3x3 grid and
see what happens.

Tom