Re: [OM] OM10+Winder1 - film foulup

Subject: Re: [OM] OM10+Winder1 - film foulup
From: "Philip Pemberton" <philpem@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 07:50:23 +0100
> To be honest, I couldn't follow this scenario.
Put simply, it looks like the winder didn't stop winding and ripped the film
off the canister spool.

> The one thing that was
> obvious though, was that you need a changing bag.  It's  a purpose-built
> double bag with elastic cuffs for your forearms.  With it, you can unload
> your camera and remove what ever is left of the film.
And guess what? I don't have one!

> It's possible that
> some of the early frames (1-4) are not fogged because there was an awful
lot
> of silver between them and the outside light.  If you just opened it,
> cursed, and snapped it shut, (<1 sec as you say), then  it's worth
> processing.
Which is what I did...
Looks like it's time to get the bottle of Ilfosol S and the fixer out...

> Perfect example of why everyone needs a changing bag at home.
And also a perfect example of why cameras should be rewound and unloaded in
changing bags...

> PS, don't feel too bad.  Stuff like that happens and it means you need to
> buy more toys.  :)
:-)

Later.
--