[OM] Tokina 28-105mm Lens?

Subject: [OM] Tokina 28-105mm Lens?
From: "Olympus List" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 01:06:48 -0700
I just got back from a road trip from LA to Oregon!! My friend has a Minolta 9xi, great camera, and has a Tokina 28-70mm lens, and it's razor sharp. He got a lot of shots "blind", using it as a point n' shoot, and so he got a lot of shots I couldn't get.. So now I'm considering an Autofocus camera also, so I can have it take care of the f-stops, metering, and shutter speed as well as focusing for me... (Don't worry, I would NEVER throw out my OM!!) But the road trip has taught me something, and that is, that carrying 3 prime lenses and having to change them back and forth, gets old, and takes a long time, and add that with manual focus, and my friend's zoom+AF combo really beat me to a lot of shots, and a lot of shots I never got because of the swapping of prime lenses.. I am thinking about picking up something for the road.. and while the 35-70mm micro zoom lens from Olympus seems to be a great travel lens, I would like to get something a bit wider, like a 28mm (although I'd love for it to be pushed to 24mm) and something a little bit tighter, 90mm or up, so I can get a tight portrait shot as well.. Tokina makes a 28-105mm, and this seems to fit the bill. I was wondering if anybody has it, and how it performs? Great waterfall shots in Oregon... Can't wait to develop them... On Provia 100 slide film also, so the colors should be incredible.. Albert