RE: [OM] WAY [OT] ...Windows 2000 question...

Subject: RE: [OM] WAY [OT] ...Windows 2000 question...
From: "Olaf Greve" <o.greve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 13:43:32 +0200
Cc: <johnsonpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Hi P.J.,

A bit late (way over my head lately with work), but....:

> Can someone tell me why my W2K Pro machine takes 3+ minutes to get past
> "Preparing network connections..." when booting and 5+ minutes to get past
> "Applying your personal settings..." once I login to the network?

At times connecting to network drives can take a long time. It sounds to me
like that may be your issue. Do you have many mapped network drives? If so,
releasing the ones you're not using anymore may speed up matter
dramatically.

Other than that, I have no suggestions, but I had the above happening to me
when using NT with mapped network drives.

Cheers!
Olafo