Re: [OM] OM-2S flash question

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2S flash question
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 13:08:46 -0500
Are you sure it wasn't on self-timer?  And did you see the ready light
from the flash in the finder?  If not, the camera didn't know there was a
flash attached.  That could be a problem in the flash or camera, or as
simple as the flash not being seated fully on the shoe, or dirty contacts
on top of the camera.  Clean, but don't scratch them if they're dirty.
Try a different flash if you don't see the ready light in the finder --
that will isolate the problem.  OM-2s hot shoes often work loose -- try
wiggling it and see.  That could result in a poor ground connection, or
even tear the circuit underneath that connects the shoe to the body.