Re: [OM] OM10+Winder1 - film foulup

Subject: Re: [OM] OM10+Winder1 - film foulup
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 13:13:45 -0500
There is a clutch in the winders and motordrives that should prevent them from
tearing the film out of the cassette, but if the film is very cold, thin, or old
(and therefore brittle) it might not be enough.  And if you try to fire the
shutter repeatedly at the end of the roll, it will eventually tear the film, but
usual just the sprocket holes.  The clutch can be adjusted if it's too strong --
check it with a test roll if you want.

Incidentally, the counter will move whether or not the film moves -- the only
real test to be sure you're winding film is to watch the rewind knob turn as you
wind the camera.