Re: [OM] B+W Film recommendation?

Subject: Re: [OM] B+W Film recommendation?
From: "Skip Williams" <skipwilliamsom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 20:42:07 -0400
Cc: vze3m2s8@xxxxxxxxxxx
I'd shoot either Kodak Portra 400BW or Ilford XP2 Super. They are both processed in C-41, so that means that your local lab can do them. I use a local lab here in NJ that does them very nicely. The emulsions are finer grained than traditional 400 speed B&W.

If you want to go wide open, you can put a polarizer, red 25A, 29, or a ND filter to keep the aperture wide. Or dial down the flash power. The 25A and 29 especially are nice for portraits. Oops, for an SLR, the 29 will be HARD to focus through. I've used this with a rangefinder.

Try it, you may like it.

Skip