[OM] Re: Old Zuikos sharper than new Canon Zooms?

Subject: [OM] Re: Old Zuikos sharper than new Canon Zooms?
From: "Tim Helps" <thelps@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 20:31:43 +0930
This is an interesting test. I can recall my brother telling me about
projecting some slides in a massive student theatre. The images were taken
with an OM1 with a Zuiko 135mm f2.8 and a non-Zuiko and the geniune Olympus
lens was far superior. It was easy to see. this is not a test that is
conclusive but its interesting to see be able to see the limits of your
lens/film for real.

I have some slides from a Leica R4 and a Leitz 35mm f2 and even viewing them
on the lounge wall showed how excellent their glass is. If I had to change
systems I'd be moving back to Leica or maybe Contax glass. Funny though...
I'm not changing systems!