[OM] Re: OM-2S flash question

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-2S flash question
From: Stephen Scharf <scharfsj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 08:47:36 -0700
---------------------

Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 23:46:09 -0400
From: "Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2S flash question

It sounds like the self-timer to me too.  If the 2S is like my 4, when you
have the self timer lever 'on', when you press the button, the mirror kicks
up.  I think you're interpreting that sound as the shutter opening.  After
the countdown, the first shutter curtian opens, the flash fires, the second
curtian closes, and the mirror returns.
<snip>
Lama

I think you and Clint are right, I noticed the self timer was not in its normal position yesterday....I put it back and everything seems fine now...except for my understanding of flash photography, which is a whole new world for me...

Thanks,
Stephen.
--

2001 CBR600F4i - Fantastic!