[OM] Modified T-45

Subject: [OM] Modified T-45
From: Marten Beels <mbeels@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 13:46:45 -0700 (PDT)
Bryan, I did something similar to a T-20.  I was
stumbling around in the pitch black dark trying to pop
off several flashes and I knocked it to the ground,
breaking off the tabs of the hot shoe mount.  I tried
epoxying them back on, but it was far too weak.  So
instead I filed off much of the base and soldered the
wires of a generic off camera flash extension cord to
the internal connections of the T-20.  Then I epoxied
a tripd mount to the bottom to act as a strain relief
and base.  With a little modifying on the other end of
the cord, I got all of the contacts to line up with
the hot shoe 4 of my OM-2n.  The hot shoe is
removeable and unmodified, but the T-20 is permanently
modified.  Best of all, it works really well and is
extremely secure.  Cheaper then a T-20 TTL
autoconnector!

Marten