Re: [OM] light meters for a beginner

Subject: Re: [OM] light meters for a beginner
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 15:17:43 -0700
The same MR9 battery adapters that many use for OM-1s will work in the Gossen and Leica. $30 to get an M5 working sounds cheap to me :-)

Moose

John Hudson wrote:

Eric Boyce wrote:

Has anyone any reccomendations for a reasonablely priced light
meter for low light/night photography? under £200.00

Here in Vancouver you can pick up a Gossen Lunasix 3 for $100 or less. I
have had mine for 30 years and it has worked flawlessly. The only
problem is that it, and other meters, take the now discontinued Varta
1.35v mercury button batteries!

Before buying check what kind of battery you will need. Along with the
disappearance of these batteries not only has my Lunasix 3 gone into
retirement but so has the meter in my Leica M5 body which also took the
same battery :-(