Re: [OM] light meters for a beginner

Subject: Re: [OM] light meters for a beginner
From: Ian Nichols <i.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 23:19:40 +0100
In article <000e01c1e012$3baf4560$34b51e3e@eric>,
   Eric Boyce <ericboyce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> >I assume you know about reciprocity failure?

> the effects on film of exposures of longer than a few seconds?

Well, specifically that for long exposures halving the light intensity
(e.g. by stopping the aperture down a stop) requires more than a doubling
of exposure time.

If you haven't already discovered it, most film manufacturers have lots of
useful information on their web sites, including data sheets for their
films (usually in pdf format) that you can freely download and refer to.
They will tell you how much to compensate for a given indicated exposure
time.

|  /  | |/-\  |                      Ian A. Nichols                    |
| |   | |   | |              http://www.chm.bris.ac.uk/~cpian/         |
|  \-/| |  /  |                 i.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx           |
|             *                   i.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxxx               |