Re: [OM] Rangefinders vs. SLR's

Subject: Re: [OM] Rangefinders vs. SLR's
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 20:58:24 -0500
At 20:14 4/9/02, Skip Williams wrote:
RF's and Leaf shuttered cameras definitely have less vibration. How many stops slower you can hand hold them is open to individual opinion.
Somewhere between 1 and 2 stops would be a safe rule-of-thumb.

I can often eke out approximately 1 stop slower shutter speed out of my FP shuttered RF (approx because its shutter speeds don't exactly match the OM's).

I can easily work 1 stop slower shutter speed with my leaf shuttered RF.

Brace well and SQUEEEEZE the shutter release!
Don't expect to make razor sharp wall-filling enlargements.
4x6 or 5x7 is OK.  If you want 8x10 or 8x12, or larger, it's risky.

-- John