Re: [OM] Shiloh Reenactment Photos

Subject: Re: [OM] Shiloh Reenactment Photos
From: Ed Senior <newshawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Apr 2002 23:38:04 -0400
Um, Jim, maybe if you look at it as "living history" you might see it differently. I've been to a couple of Revolutionary War reenactments and even though they may have some "entertainment" value, to realize the when, how and why of these battles is a sobering experience.

Ed Senior

James N. McBride wrote:

I always wonder about the mentality of people who reenact bloody battles.
Most people I know who experienced that horror would not ever want to replay
it. Maybe the reenactments should use live ammo then the wannabes can get
the full effect. Sorry for the mini-rant but I have had too many friends get
their bodies full of lead and shrapnel to see this as a form of
entertainment. /jim