[OM] OM - Flash and mirror lock up

Subject: [OM] OM - Flash and mirror lock up
From: amiruddinshah743@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 01:27:00 -0400
Greetings,
  I was waiting for an explanation and none came.
To my horror, I came to realise why.
I had posted a problem without a polite intro.
Please excuse my discourtesy in posting a problem
without the proper polite introduction. I am unashamedly embarrassed.
Hence, I would like to try again, please.

1. Flash setup
 With a F280 on the hotshoe of OM2S and 2 T32s connected
to the TTL socket via the TTL Multiconnector – result –
only the F280 fires,both the T32s do not (speed below 1/60)
OM2s selected both on Auto and then MAN
 With a T32 on the hotshoe of OM2S and 2 T32s connected
to the TTL socket via the TTL Multiconnector – result –
all 3 flash fires.
Why is it so since the OM2S has 3 contact points
on the hotshoe? Even if the F280 has 5 contact points
only three are active. I have not tried it with an OM4Ti.

2.Mirror reset
 I had an OM2S before where should I trip the shutter
with the battery dead or not installed, the mirror
will lock up.
 Installing new batteries and doing a battery check
will not reset the mirror. I have to remove the bottom plate
and trigger the reset lever before the mirror springs back.
 However, my current OM2s is different.
Should the mirror lock up due to dead batteries,
all I need do is to install new batteries and the
battery check action will reset the mirror.
Bear in mind that both models are the older
‘green’ flash indicator series.
Are there really 3 different OM2s series model?
Could anyone venture an explanation?
My thanks in advance, Amiruddin. Sorry that I had to
post it again.

Your favorite stores, helpful shopping tools and great gift ideas. Experience
the convenience of buying online with Shop@Netscape!
http://shopnow.netscape.com/

http://webmail.netscape.com/