Re: [OM] E20N review in MacWorld

Subject: Re: [OM] E20N review in MacWorld
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 00:16:43 -0700
I think more than anything, the IO write time will be the Achilles Hill of digital cameras. Faster CPUs will not help. Only faster IO will. Lets say you need 10 Megapixels to achieve best you can do comparing to 35mm (some say you need 20 megapixels, but regardless). 3 bytes per pixel, and you are talking about 30 megabytes. 6 bytes per pixels (16 bits color), and you are talking about 60 megabytes.

That's a lot of data to shove through...

I saw that review... the reviewer said it was slow, but I'd like to have
seen some comparison info. I can't think of any ways to speed up the write
speed except by putting in a bigger buffer or jazzing up the processor and
bus speed, both of which would be more expensive and might be
technology-limited. They did like the lens, and the feel of the all-metal
body.
--

Jim Brokaw

// richard http://www.imagecraft.com
[ For technical support, please include all previous replies in your msgs. ]