Re: [OM] E20N review in MacWorld

Subject: Re: [OM] E20N review in MacWorld
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 02:31:51 -0700
Heh, don't underestimate the problem w/ IO speed. This is the thing that allows a slow VAX or IBM mainframe to serve hundreds or even thousands of users while a super fast PC handles much less. D1x may be fast, but that's still 5 MegaPixels. That's a limit on how much you want to cache, write, transfer, etc. Flash is slow, magnetic harddrive is slower still. CPU speed is always going to be the least of the problem.