Re: [OM] E20N review in MacWorld

Subject: Re: [OM] E20N review in MacWorld
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 17:40:31 +0800
It was reported that IBM micro drive was the fastest memory as
compared to SM and CF. A normal 7200rpm 3.5" hard disk today can
provide a sustain rate of over 30MB/s, the IDE interface is over
100MB/s. The potential of IBM micro drive is very high. I think the
JPEG compression in DC is handled by ASIC, if it has to be done by the
CPU even a 500MHz CPU will not be very fast.

C.H.Ling