Re: [OM] Multiple replies.

Subject: Re: [OM] Multiple replies.
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 23:05:16 +0800
----- Original Message -----
From: "Stephen Scharf" <scharfsj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> C. H.
> I respectfully disagree. I handled several M6's at the Photo Show
> last weekend and I thought they were exemplary for brightness and
> clarity.  While I think the OM's are absolutely beautifully
> engineered and constructed cameras (particularly the OM-1), Leicas
> are just as beautifully engineered and constructed, if not more so.
> I'll admit it....I want one....badly.

I would say the Leica M are very good constructed, it feel more rigid than
the OM, also more heavy. I'm serious about the finder brightness, may be I
have bad memory, I will check it out again. Anyone have a M6 and any old
Olympus range finder please comment. All Olympus ranger finder I got were
throughly cleaned by me, the finder are just super bright. The M6 I tried
was in new condition but the finder brightness was not as bright as I have
expected.

C.H.Ling