Re: [OM] Focussing past infinity

Subject: Re: [OM] Focussing past infinity
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 09:52:56 -0700
Hi folks

What it means in practice is this.

If you are using a Zuiko 300, and it's got a little warm; and you want to take a shot of the far mountains: you turn the focus ring to infinity then look in the
view-finder and HEY; the split image focus-aid shows that the lens is NOT in
focus at infinity.  Then you have to actually search for infinity focus in the
view-finder, and you will find that according to the focus ring on the lens, it is
now "past infinity".

HTH; or: my tuppence <g> (Yes, we had Pounds, shillings, and pence here
once too)

Brian

And in practice does this make a difference? Seems like the tiny difference due to thermal expansion would be well within the depth of field.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California

?