Re: [OM] 300/4.5 vs. 135/2.8 + 2x-A

Subject: Re: [OM] 300/4.5 vs. 135/2.8 + 2x-A
From: dreammoose <dreammoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 13:16:00 -0700
I don't know about quality, but the speed is usable. I have a Tokina AT-X 150-500/5.6. It pretty much blacks out the split image and microprism, but focuses fine on the matte part of the focusing screen. Reasonable bright on a 1-13 and pretty nice on a 2-13. I haven't tried it yet on the Beattie plain matte screen that showed up recently on a body acquisition.

Come to think of it, my Tamron SP 60-300 is only f5.4 at 300mm and I use it a lot. It weighs 870gr.

Moose

Robert Gries wrote:

Does anyone have any practical experience with the 300/4.5 as compared
to the 135/2.8 and the 2x-A.  Gary's tests show about the same
performance, and with 575 grams vs. the 1100 grams of the 300/4.5, is it
worth the extra 2/3 stop?