[OM] OM2n - meter problems....any clues?

Subject: [OM] OM2n - meter problems....any clues?
From: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 02:45:58 +0200 (CEST)
Hiya,

I seem to attract cameras with metering problems (as per my recent fights
with an OM1...).

Anyways, a recent acuired (sort of - if I want it it's mine) OM2n has
showed to have a weird problem. While cosmetically in good shape, and with
the shutter and all other such things working fine, the meter shows a far
too low reading.  It responds to changing the meter and/or the shutter
speed dial (in manual mode), and to turning of the asa dial.

Any clues as to if this is easilly fixable (i.e. worth having John or
someone else look at without spending a fortune), if it's very-easilly
fixable (i.e. I could do it myself) or if it's beyond feasible repair, and
I should turn down the offer on the camera?

The good news is that it came attached with a mint 100/2.8
(silver-schnozz, none the less) in the original case. I may keep that,
even if I decide against the body.

Any clues appreciated ;)

Thanks

  Thomas Heide Clausen