Re:[OM] Black & Whites On A Computer

Subject: Re:[OM] Black & Whites On A Computer
From: wavegirl <wavegirl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 07:52:31 +0100
Silly question, but are you viewing the images at 1000r scaling by a
factor of 2 (500r 200 0.000000e+00tc). If not it might be the image viewer not
scaling very cleanly (odd scaling factors are really hard to do even for the
best of programs). Also check to see your monitor is viewing in 24 bit.
Sorry to be pedantic, just applying Occam's Razor.

> I had shot some Agfa B&W film and had the film developed with a photo CD.
> When I view the images, I notice dithering in some of the dark shades of
> gray. It's a speckled appearance which ruins the shot.

If it really is dithered at the source, you can probably fix that in
photoshop or a photoshop-style product.