[OM] Some (newbie) questions

Subject: [OM] Some (newbie) questions
From: "Bart Kuik" <parlorinventor@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 11:11:53 +0200
Hi all,

I just bought a Olympus OM2 with Kiron 28-105/3.2-4.5 and Vivitar Series 1
70-210/3.5. The Vivitar works great (and the macro (1:4) is great!), but
I've got some problems with the body and the Kiron

The shutter-release-button of the OM2 hangs if I press it to deep and I need
a screw or a paperclip or so to pull it up again. Does anyone know if this
is a simple-to-fix common problem? afaik I can tell the body is in good
condition, and everything I tested works (diaphragm, shutter,
light-metering, buttons, film-stuff....)

The problem with the Kiron-lens is the focusing. The 'infinity' position on
28mm is at about 1 meter, and on 105mm it's about 5 meter or so, and since I
can't focus beyond infinity, the lens is only suitable for near-by
photography. Does anyone know how to fix this problem or is it better to
search for another second-hand lens?
The lens also says "Macro 1:4" but I can't find a macro-mode on it like on
the Vivitar, and it only focuses up to 0.45 meters in 28mm and 1 meter in
105mm.....

With the camera I got an original Olympus Sales Information File. The only
body's covered in it are the OM1 and OM2, so I think it must be from
1975-1979 or so. I also got an original Olympus Dutch pricelist dating
80-02-15, an original manual for a 4/35-70 Zuiko, and some other stuff. Not
that I want to sell it, but does anyone know how much the SIF is worth to
collectors and Olympus-freaks? (just curious...)

thanks in advance,
Bart