Re: [OM] A suggestion for the list - was: Shiloh Reenactment Photos

Subject: Re: [OM] A suggestion for the list - was: Shiloh Reenactment Photos
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 09:31:57 EDT
May I suggest that when one sees an OT post that they object to, that they do
not post a response right away. back off, let it run for a day or so, these
"objectionalble off-topic posts" may just disappear on their own.
Seems every couple of weeks someone objects to an off-topic
something-or-other. OT posts will always be around, like it or not. They're
even necessary at times, to let people take a pause and relax a bit. Things
would get too boring and sterile without them. If you don't like them, just
chill out and pass them over.

I, for one, think battle re-enactments may be a good thing, as long as its
not done in a frivilous way, and the participants keep it factual and don't
glorify things. I never learned in school the terrible details of the Civil
War battles, only later in life did I come to realize the horrible casualty
figures. As long as those facts come out, I don't see any danger in
glorifying things for our kids, they should learn the terrible truth about
these battles.

BTW- who are we "driving away'? I didn't hear anyone quit the list over OT
messages lately. Did I miss something?

George S.