[OM] Re: [OT] Walt Wayman is a $%&#@*

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Walt Wayman is a $%&#@*
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 10:06:42 -0400
I apologize to the list at large, and to James McBride in
particular, for my somewhat intemperate response on yesterday to
James' rant regarding the Shiloh battle reenactment.  I especially
regret the use of the "head up the ass" terminology, and I can't
imagine a worse insult than implying someone is politically
correct when they in fact are not.  I hope I am never so maligned.

In my defense, I felt it inappropriate to ignore the photographs
and the effort involved in posting them for all to see and,
instead, to belittle the event on the grounds that those who would
participate must have a screw loose, implying thereby, at least to
me, that anyone who might bother to photograph such stupidity must
be himself suspect.  I regularly see photographs taken by list
members of events I wouldn't look out my window to see if they
were occurring in my front yard, much less waste film on, but
that's not something I would go on a rant about.

Anyway, I think I'll just be quiet for a while, maybe even drop
back to digest mode where there'll be less temptation to pop off.
Keeping up with the daily deluge of e-mail is getting to be a bit
of a chore and takes up time that may be better spent in other
ways.  I agree with Gary R. that the signal to noise ratio is
getting out of kilter, so my contribution to both is about to be
minimized.

A slightly contrite, but unbowed, Walt Wayman