RE: [OM] Re: [OT] Walt Wayman is a $%&#@*

Subject: RE: [OM] Re: [OT] Walt Wayman is a $%&#@*
From: "James N. McBride" <jnmcbr@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 10:44:05 -0600
My post was overly provocative (hoof in mouth) and should have been posed as
a more gentle question. I didn't notice until later that I had forgotten to
comment on the photos which were excellent. I especially liked the "smoke
ring" shot. My interest in what motivates people to do things is more than
casual. I do some failure analysis consulting and motivation of people to
behave in certain ways is frequently a factor. Sometimes thinking about this
gets me in trouble. Motivation gets discussed a lot on the List. We have
wondered about why people do what they do on EvilBay. We have talked about
why Olympus has done, or not done, things to promote their products better.
We talk about why people choose certain gear or certain films for different
projects. We talk about why people are motivated to shoot certain subjects
in certain ways.   These are usually healthy and informative discussions
with room for lots of different viewpoints.  Unfortunately we occasionally
say something that hits a nerve and creates counterproductive conflict. I'll
try to not be the cause of that. /jim