Re: [OM] OM-4t With 2-13 View Screen & Manual Metering?

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-4t With 2-13 View Screen & Manual Metering?
From: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 02:32:43 +0200 (CEST)
AFAIK, the OM4t does not have the metering cells located in the
viewfinder, but rather in the bottom of the mirror cage (someone correct
my terminology here). Hence, the meter is not reading off the view-screen
but off light reflected my a small "mirror" behind the main mirror.

So you should be free to fill in any screen you want, as long as you are
able to focus with it.

At least, that's my understanding of things :)

--thomas

On Thu, 11 Apr 2002, support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I recently acquired an OM-4t that came with a 1-13 view screen. I want to
> change it with a 2-13 view screen because it's at least 1 stop brighter.
>
> I know the auto exposure mode in my 4t will work fine with that screen since
> the exposure is measured OTF. Will manual metering work accurately on the
> OM-4t and a 2-13 screen?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jim Mueller

  Thomas Heide Clausen