[OM] MC 28mm f2? (slightly long)

Subject: [OM] MC 28mm f2? (slightly long)
From: Damon Wood <deewhy_au@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 12:17:28 +1000 (EST)
Hi all,

Last night I engaged more OM BARGAINS!!!

My bargains included:

   OM-1N Body     Cond: VG - Exc.     AUD$100
   Zuiko MC 3.5 MACRO    Cond: VG     AUD$130
   OM Winder 2    Cond: VG - Exc.     AUD$90
   Telemore95 II 7-K-M-C Dabbler for OM Komura Lens MFG. LTD       AUD$40

Considering my bargain, the seller has also a 28mm MC f2 for sale.

As this was the primary reason for visiting, it appears there are markings /
stains on the front element (dissapointing) of the lens. For that reason I
didnt purchase the item :(

I tried removing them with lens cleaner and micropore and the markings arent
being removed. Can this be fixed easily or do these markings inhibit images, as
it is the front element. I dont even know if the dirt can be removed by a
proper 'buffer' or something along those lines. My knowledge with front element
problems isnt the best.

Maybe someone knows something about this because its out of my legue. Plus if
the case isnt that bad and it can be removed with professional attention, I
going straight back!!!!

Any help is greatly appreciated as is always!

Cheers,

Damo

Damon Wood
Dip. Technology (Applied Science)
Advanced Manufacturing Technology Centre (AMTC)
Sustainable Development (BSc)
Undergraduate Student
Murdoch University
Secretary M.C.C. WASTCA