Re: [OM] [OT] Needed: KODAK PROFESSIONAL PRO IMAGE 100 Film

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Needed: KODAK PROFESSIONAL PRO IMAGE 100 Film
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 14:08:27 +0800
I have not even look at the curve, I'm not trying to go too deep. But
my point is:

1. Film use the same printing channel does not mean they will have the
same character, a film design with lower contrast does not need
another printing curve to make higher contrast result. E-6 processing
use on most slides and different slides come out differently. IMO
printing channel is mainly use for color correction, just like the
Fuji Reala and Kodak Ektacolor Pro 160 I have tried, they are warmer
than many other film, need special color correction during scanning.

2. I have never use Pro Image 100 but the Gold 100 definitely not
specially good in skin tone reproduction. But the people how have used
Pro Image 100 said it has very good skin tone reproduction.

Okay may be the people report about the Pro Image are idiots, I have
not tried it so I will not comment anymore.

C.H.Ling