Re: [OM] XA with 'sticky magnet'?

Subject: Re: [OM] XA with 'sticky magnet'?
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 09:58:43 -0500

"Daniel J. Mitchell" wrote:

> > I would _never_ consider sacrificing an XA-3!  Not even for an XA!
>
>  Just curious -- why?

Well, I suppose it would depend on condition more than anything.  If the XA-3
is trashed out (badly worn, "Ugly", etc.), and there was a part from it that
would fix an otherwise "Very Good" or better XA I would consider doing it.  But
I wouldn't take parts from one good, working item just to gain features by
repairing another -- it doesn't make sense, labor wise.  Of course, that's from
the perspective of a technician who does this for a living!