Re: [OM] Vivitar 2x macro/teleconverter vs. Zuiko 50/3.5 Macro or both?

Subject: Re: [OM] Vivitar 2x macro/teleconverter vs. Zuiko 50/3.5 Macro or both?
From: "W.Xato" <xato0@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 09:39:13 -0700 (PDT)
Regarding your Tokina 300/5.6, I find it the equal of
the Zuiko 300 at f8 but softer at f5.6. You might just
get a "2" series focusing screen which would brighten
up your image. You might also look for a 1-7 screen if
your body is a 2S, 3 or 4 as this is also very bright.
 As for your "want" of a macro, go for the real thing,
the 50/3.5.

Xato

<<<Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 14:44:00 +0200From: Johan
Malmstr=?ISO-8859-1?B?9g==?=m
<jmalmstrom@xxxxxxx>Subject: [OM] Vivitar 2x
macro/teleconverter vs. Zuiko 50/3.5 Macro or
both?Fellows!In my local photoshop (or camera store,
not the application from A*obe) I'vefound one Zuiko
50/3.5 Macro that I have wanted a some months now, due
to mystudent budget keeping the Zuikoholic in order.
Recent mailings on this listhave opened my eyes for a
other piece equipment that is for sale in sameshop, a
Vivitar 2x Macro Focusing Teleconverter MC. The "want"
for the macrois slowly turning to "need". I have
realized that I do have extension tubesfor macro but
no teleconveter... I do have a Zukio 135/2.8 that
could beextended and replace the Tokina 300/5.6 I have
(and love to hate).So now I ask you to tell me: Do I
get 5 times more bang for the buck withthe Zuiko-lens?
Can I learn to like my 300/5.6 with another focusing
screen?Please help...>>>