Re: [OM] MC 28mm f2? (slightly long)

Subject: Re: [OM] MC 28mm f2? (slightly long)
From: "--p.j." <johnsonpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 13:59:16 -0400
> I don't understand, your note makes it sound like Olympus never sent the
> element, but they charged you for it anyway?  Can't be.  If so, speak up,
> they'll correct the error.

That's exactly what happened.  They said the lens was in stock and charged
my credit card.  When they sent the other stuff I ordered, it wasn't
included.  They said it was on backorder and would be sent soon.  I would
check back every couple months and they would give me the
"It's-on-the-shipment-from-Japan-we-just-received.-You'll-get-it-in-a-couple
-weeks" routine.  They never sent the lens and when I called to cancel the
order a year and a half later I said that I wanted my money back.  They said
they didn't keep detailed records for credit card orders, and I would have
to produce my credit card statement with charges, etc. etc.

I never did that, but I just had a few moments to dig up that information
and called Olympus.  I talked to Ed and explained my situation.  He checked
the part numbers to verify that my credit card charge coincided with the
items I ordered.  Well, when he did that, it showed up that the front
element was in stock!!!  Apparently it's on its way!!  I ordered the front
element on 05/17/00 and am finally going to get it. (Are you reading this
Olaf?  I'll bet you are glad you didn't wait :-)

So that's the rest of the story!
--p.j.

Oh, too bad I don't have that lens anymore.  Anyone need a front element for
a 28/2?  Anyone selling a 28/2 with a crappy front element for dirt cheap?