RE: [OM] XA with 'sticky magnet'?

Subject: RE: [OM] XA with 'sticky magnet'?
From: "Daniel J. Mitchell" <DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 16:05:01 -0600
> It's the black one, nearer the back of the camera.  You'll want to wipe
the
> faces of the armature and electromagnet -- where they touch,
> that is.

 Okay, now I see what's going on.

> If you look very closely at the far side of the armature (away from the
> electromagnet), you will see the end of a tiny, hair-like spring --
> that's what pulls the armature back to the electromagnet.
> If you're too vigorous in your cleaning, you can push the spring
> off the back of the armature.

 Holy..  that one's barely overlapping the corner of the armature, but I
guess it's enough to work because it doesn't seem to pop off when I poked
(gently) at things and it certainly springs things back into position
readily enough.

 Thanks! Now to go and get some nail polish remover..

 -- dan