Re: [OM] CF Tripod

Subject: Re: [OM] CF Tripod
From: "Gary Edwards" <garyetx@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 09:51:40 -0500
Mine came without a head.  For lightness' sake I use a Bogen mini-ball head
on it.  Not a great head; but compact, light, and adequate for OMs. At
normal leg angle, the camera platform is 50-1/4 inches (1.28 m) (center post
down) or 60-3/4 inches (1.54 m) fully extended.  I use it with the center
post extended about half way even though that puts the camera a bit below my
eye level.  At that extension, the tripod feels as rigid as my Bogen 3021
with no center post extension. Their three-segment leg model is taller, but
as I said, I selected this one for the short collapsed length - it fits in
my carry-on suitcase.

Arlington Camera stocks them, if you get over this way for Bob Gries' visit
you might stop by.  If I'm in town, I'll bring mine, but right now I'm
scheduled to be back in New Mexico due to a postponed mission.

Gary Edwards